5-Ingredient Brownies (Food Freedom)
These 5-ingredient, no-bake brownies are my favorite kind of recipe: just throw the ingredients into a food processor, press into parchment paper, and set in the fridge to chill. Simple! This recipe makes just a small batch. It's perfect for solo dwellers, lone paleo-ers, and tiny kitchen cooks. Because it's a no-bake recipe, the ingredients multiply easily for larger crowds!
Here's what you need:
12 Medjool Dates, Pitted
1/3 c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 c. Raw, Shelled Walnuts
1/2 tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
Cacao Nibs (for topping)
Here's what to do:
1. Add all ingredients aside from the cocao nibs to a food processor and blend until ingredients form a dough (this may take about 60 seconds depending on your food processor).
2. Press dough into a square on parchment paper, about 1/4 inch thick, and then cover completely with cacao nibs, pressing them into the dough to keep in place.
3. Wrap brownies completely in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
4. Cut and Serve. Recipe makes approximately four 3 sq. inch brownies. Stays fresh in refrigerator up to 7 days.
Why isn't this Whole30 compliant?
Any recreation of baked goods, desserts, or junk food using compliant ingredients is strictly, 100% banned from the Whole30. While the ingredients in this recipe are compliant, eating these kinds of treats will not help you reset your relationship with food or your addiction to sugar. If you want to learn more, read this.
- 12 Medjool Dates, Pitted
- 1/3 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 C. Raw, Shelled Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
- Cocoa Nibs (for topping)