Kombucha Battered Cod (Whole30)
Okay so I thought I was a complete genius for inventing this substitute for beer-battered cod, but then I searched it on Pinterest and there are definitely similar recipes out there like this... haha! Well I like MY version because it's Whole30 compliant. I'm a Wisconsin girl, so a good ol' fish fry speaks to my soul! And kombucha instead of beer is more my speed these days. Note that the instructions are to LIGHTLY SAUTE and not fry this fish: play by the rules people, don't turn this dinner into SWYPO!
Here's what you need:
- 2-3 lb. Cod
- 1/2 c. Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 c. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 c. GT’s Kombucha, Original Flavor
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. Light Olive Oil
Here's what to do:
1. Pat the fish dry and coat completely in arrowroot powder. Set aside.
2. Scramble the egg in a shallow dish and add coconut flour and kombucha. Whisk it up (will be thick), and when thoroughly combined, add water. If too thick, add more coco flour, and if too thin, add water. Should be a thick batter consistency.
3. Heat olive oil in a deep skillet on medium heat. Remember, only 1/4 c. and no more: we're not frying this fish into SWYPO land. Behave!
4. While oil is heating, coat the arrowroot-coated fish in the batter and then add immediately to the skillet.
5. Saute the fish for 5-6 minutes per side and transfer to paper towel lined plate. Eat immediately: it's crispy and delicious when hot!
- 2-3 lbs. Cod
- 1/2 C. Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C. GT's Kombucha, Original Flavor
- 1 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Light Olive Oil