Easy Mashed Potatoes (Whole30)
I used to shy away from white potatoes in my early Whole30 resets, but I’ve realized that those of us with an active lifestyle NEED the carb-y energy that white potatoes give us, especially as we have a grain-free diet! Here’s how I like to make my mash.
Here’s what you need:
-5 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled
-1 1/2 C. Chicken Stock (check your labels!)
-1 Tbsp. Salt
-2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
Here’s what to do:
1. Chop peeled potatoes in half and boil for 40 min. Test with a fork for done-ness, drain, and return to pot.
2. Wait for potatoes to stop steaming, about 10 min. This keeps the texture from going gluey from mashing too early! Then, mash the potatoes.
3. Slowly pour in chicken stock, about 1/4 c. at a time, stirring continually, until texture becomes smooth.
4. Stir in salt and avocado oil. Add more salt to taste if necessary. Serve immediately!
I’ve tried olive oil mashed potatoes, coconut milk mashed potatoes, ghee mashed potatoes... in my opinion, the best Whole30 mashed potatoes are made with chicken stock!
- 5 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 C. Chicken Stock (check your labels!)
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil