Creamy Coconut Cashew Pre-Workout Bites (Whole30)
These Whole30 compliant bites are the perfect portable pre-workout mini meal: the Whole30 meal template says to have an easily digestible, small serving of protein and fat 15 to 75 minutes before your workout, and this checks the boxes! I was lax about adding mini meals for activity early in my Whole30 days, especially when going to the gym straight from work. These bites are super transportable and easy to pop on the way to the gym! And unlike other fruit-and-nut bars/balls/bites, this recipe only uses a few dates for the whole batch so they're a lot less sweet than others. Think creamy and crunchy and nutty, all at once!
Here's what you need:
-1 C. Coconut Flakes
-1 C. Raw Cashews
-4 Pitted Dates
-1/2 C. Cashew Butter
-1/4 C. Coconut Butter (I use this brand)
-2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
-2 Tbsp. Cacao Nibs
-1 Tbsp. Flax Seed
-1/4 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
Here's what to do:
1. Place ingredients in blender, in order of ingredient listing (coconut and nuts on bottom)
2. Blend until ingredients form a dough, about 2 minutes. There will still be chunks of nuts, but be sure the dates and nut butters are completely combined.
3. Scoop out dough and roll into balls (size them to your preference for one serving).
4. Place balls on a cookie sheet so they aren't touching and freeze for 30 minutes to harden. Then, transfer to an airtight container and keep frozen.
These bites are best enjoyed frozen, so keep a stash in your work freezer or at home! Disclaimer: These are not candy. If you find yourself eating them outside of mini meals to prop up your salty/fatty cravings, ABORT.
- 1 C. Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 1 C. Raw Cashews
- 4 Pitted Dates
- 1/2 C. Cashew Butter
- 1/4 C. Coconut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao Nibs
- 1 Tbsp. Flax Seed
- 1/4 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk